4th International Forum on HIV and Rehabilitation Research and Intersectoral Policy Dialogue
Advancing Research, Policy and Practice for Healthy Aging
Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute
St. Michael’s Hospital
Saturday June 16, 2018
The Canadian International HIV and Rehabilitation Research Collaborative (CIHRRC), Realize and St. Michael’s Hospital are seeking poster abstracts for their upcoming forum and policy dialogue on Saturday June 16, 2018 at the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute in Toronto, ON.
The topic of this year’s forum is Translating HIV, Aging and Rehabilitation Interventions into Practice: Advancing Research, Practice and Policy for Healthy Aging. Abstracts which address any aspect of rehabilitation, HIV and aging will be considered, including presentations from previous meetings and conferences.
The forum and policy dialogue will address a number of key themes:
- Multi-morbidity and frailty
- Disability in the context of aging with HIV
- Community engagement, social participation and stigma
- Successful aging interventions
- Models of rehabilitation delivery, including exercise and wellness programming
- Implementing HIV, aging and rehabilitation intervention research in practice
- Interdisciplinary models of care
- Policies impacting access to rehabilitation services
If you are a researcher, student, clinician, or frontline worker engaged in a project related to rehabilitation, HIV and aging, consider sharing your work as part of this high-profile event
**Submissions need not be limited to formal research. Authors are invited to describe and analyze policy responses, existing programs and services, in-progress research and significant partnerships and/or collaborations that contribute to the overall health of people aging with HIV.
Guidelines for Abstract Submission:
- Written abstracts (maximum 250 words) OR mock-ups (8 ½ x 11”) of completed posters showing full text may be submitted for review.
- If attaching a poster mock-up, please include the dimensions of the full-size printed poster in the body of the email.
- Please include the poster title and all authors’ names in the submission.
- Submissions should include information regarding the authors’ motivation(s), objective(s) and approach(es) as well as the (predicted) outcome(s) and (potential) implication(s) of the project.
- Successful abstracts will be complete, clear, and related to the forum topic.
- Work presented at previous meetings/conferences (since January 2017) will be considered.
To submit your abstract:
- Email your abstract or poster mock-up to KMurzin@HIVandRehab.ca with “Forum Abstract” as the subject line.
- The deadline for submissions is
MarchApril 30, 2018 at 5pm. Authors will be notified of decisions within one month of the deadline.
- At least one author listed on each poster is expected to attend the forum.
For further information about the Forum, click here