For the second year, a Realize team will be taking part in the Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon/Half Marathon/5K. We had a blast last year! We hope you (or runners/walkers you know) will join us on October 20, 2019 in either the 5km (runners or walkers), half-marathon or full marathon (runners only), for an energizing, autumn run/walk while fundraising in support of Realize’s critical work!
When you register, you can select Realize as your charity of choice and use the race’s fundraising platform to ask your friends, colleagues and families to sponsor your run/walk and foster positive change for people living with HIV and other episodic disabilities! As a Realize runner/walker you will receive a discount on your registration fee! Just enter the appropriate Realize charity discount PIN code (see below) when you get to the Charity Challenge section of the registration process.
The weekend and race are known for a celebratory atmosphere and include a series of free events being held by the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon! You can find out more about the race itself on the Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon website.
- Sign up to run/walk the 5km, half marathon, or full marathon in support of Realize.
- Select the first option on the right hand side to register for the race and set up your fundraising account OR, if you have already registered, you can select the second option to set up your fundraising account.
- When registering for either the 5km, half-marathon or full marathon you will have the option to register in the Charity Challenge and select Realize as your charity of choice.
- Reach out to your friends, family, neighbours and colleagues and ask them to sponsor you in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge. It’s easy! You can also encourage them to register and join you on October 20th.
- All donations fundraised by participants will directly support Realize’s work and will receive a tax receipt. By registering in the Charity Challenge you have access to a discounted registration rate by inputting a Realize, discount charity identification # (PIN code) during the registration process. (Please wait to the Charity Challenge portion of the registration process (step four) to enter the PIN code.The Realize charity discount PINs are:
- Marathon or Half Marathon ($80): M19REALIZE
- 5k ($40): 5K19REALIZE
- 5k with Stroller ($45): 5ST19REALIZE
Realize is looking forward to sharing training progress and other exciting tips and updates with our race participants and supporters in the months and weeks leading up to Race Day!
If you have any questions please contact Janet London at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 416-513-0440 ext. 221.