June 27, 2023
12:00 pm – 3:30 pm Eastern Time
(French interpretation, ASL and LSQ interpretation, and CART will be provided.)
- To identify the barriers and facilitators to meeting the HIV, HCV, and STBBI prevention, testing, treatment, and support needs of people with disabilities.
- To inform the first ever National Situational Analyses on Ageism and Ableism in Canada’s HIV, HCV, and STBBI Response and the impacts on the people with disabilities.
This online gathering will explore existing sexual health policy as it relates to people living with disabilities in Canada. We will review the work Realize is doing to address this important issue and hear from community members and frontline staff who work in both the sexual health and disability sectors. Participants will have the opportunity to increase their knowledge and engage in dialogue about sexual health policy and disability with the goal of building community connections.
12:00pm – 12:10pm (Speaker TBD)
12:10pm – 12:20pm (Presented by Melissa Egan, Realize)
Existing Relevant STBBI and Disability Policy Overview
- Review federal policy re. STBBI and where it mentions disability
- Review federal policy re. disability and where it mentions sexual health
12:20pm – 12:45pm (Presented by Elizabeth Racz, Realize)
SHINE Survey Update
- Update from Realize staff on how the survey is unfolding
- Present any preliminary data
- Encourage participants to disseminate the survey to their networks
1:00pm – 2:00pm (Moderated by Ingrid Palmer, Realize)
Implications of Policy – A Community Panel
An opportunity to hear from key stakeholders who are working on the frontlines of HIV and Disability
- Q & A
2:00pm – 2:15pm BREAK
2:15pm – 3:15pm (Facilitated by Melissa Egan, Realize)
Next Steps Session
- Small group dialogue among participants
- What is happening in your community regarding sexual health and Disability services and access
- What policy would enable/facilitate an increase in access?
- Large group debrief
- What are your interests and needs regarding building a community network to support growth and policy advocacy?
3:15pm – 3:30pm Closing (Speaker TBD)