An online course for supervisors, human resource managers and employers
This course is designed with human resources professionals in mind. It will bring awareness and understanding of how to accommodate new employees living with episodic disabilities as they are hired into your organizations. It also provides some additional resources and instruction on adapting to new ways of working a COVID-19 context.
The course is designed for supervisors, human resource managers and employers who are looking to create an inclusive, barrier-free workplace that welcomes new employees in the era of COVID-19.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Know what an episodic disability is
- Understand the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the lives of people with episodic disabilities
- Be able to identify the challenges of working with an episodic disability in the era of COVID-19
- Have a grasp of when, where and how a new employee might disclose that they have an episodic disability
- Find out what steps and strategies employers and employees can take to address barriers in the workplace
- Identify supports and accommodations—ways in which workplaces can be supportive, inclusive, and accommodating
Once registered, you will have access to the course material for 10 weeks.
Prices: $175 non-members, $150 Realize members*
* Members must have a current paid membership with Realize. (Find out more about Realize membership.)
Group discounts for multiple registrants (associations, workplaces, etc.) are available:
2-5 people (10% discount), 6-10 people (15% discount), 10+ people (20% discount).
To arrange a group registration, please contact email@example.com.
To find out more about Accommodating Workplaces: Episodic Disabilities and Leading Practices at Work contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.