A Self-Directed Online Course for Human Resources Professionals and people working with episodic disabilities
Accommodating Workplaces: Episodic Disabilities and Leading Practices at Work takes a deep dive into the challenges faced by people living with episodic disabilities at work, and how to navigate successful workplace accommodation planning and carry-out. It explores how to support employees living with episodic disabilities in the workplace under a variety of challenging circumstances.
This online course builds on the key concepts of what episodic disabilities are and the challenges faced by people living with episodic disabilities and goes deep into communication practices, universal workplace design, accessible design, and more.
By the end of the course, you will better understand:
- How living and working with episodic disabilities creates unique challenges for employees
- Practice-based principles for universal workplace accommodation
- How to tailor individual accommodation plans to the needs and context of an employee living with episodic disabilities
- Who to involve in developing and reviewing accommodation plans
- Inclusive principles to build an organizational culture inclusive of all staff
- How to evaluate organizational policies and practices to better support employees living with episodic disabilities
- Support principles to transition work conditions for employees living with episodic disabilities during health pandemics
- How to adapt individual accommodation plans in response to health pandemics
Once registered, you will have access to the course material for 10 weeks.
Prices: $265 non-members, $240 Realize members*
* Members must have a current paid membership with Realize. (Find out more about Realize membership.)
Group discounts for multiple registrants (associations, workplaces, etc.) are available:
2-5 people (10% discount), 6-10 people (15% discount), 10+ people (20% discount).
To arrange a group registration, please contact email@example.com.
To find out more about Accommodating Workplaces: Episodic Disabilities and Leading Practices at Work contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.