A Self-Directed Online Course for Human Resources Professionals, Managers and Supervisors
Everyone knows someone living with an episodic disability (conditions such as mental illness, arthritis, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, lupus, MS and some forms of cancer). How many people are there where you work?
This self-directed online course (approximately 4 hours) is designed to augment the knowledge and understanding of human resources professionals, supervisors, and managers who form the primary support system at work for people living with episodic disabilities. This course introduces the nature and experience of living and working with episodic disabilities
that human resources practitioners may regularly confront
and findchallenging to address.
This course is approved for 4 CPD (continuing professional development) hours by:
In addition to the comprehensive course content, resource links and videos are provided on topics relevant to HR professionals, managers, and supervisors. The links enhance learning and provide a resource toolkit to support putting this new knowledge into practice.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Use the Episodic Disability Framework to explain the experience of living with episodic disabilities over time
- Identify the contextual factors affecting how people with episodic disabilities live and work
- Recognize the frequency and scope of disability in Canada
- Prioritize mental wellbeing in the workplace as a need for employees and management
- Identify supports within and outside the workplace available to support employees with episodic disabilities
- Understand the benefits that come from providing accommodation supports to employees and potential employees
- Understand where costs are commonly incurred during episodic disability accommodation
- Develop workplace processes that forefront the needs of employees
- Identify ways to initiate change through your role as an HR professional, supervisor, or manager
- Refer to a list of resources relevant to episodic disability education, support, and accommodation
- Identify areas of concern for improvements to policy and practice of episodic disability accommodation in your workplace
Once registered, you will have access to the course material for 10 weeks.
Prices: $350 non-members, $300 Realize members*
* Members must have a current paid membership with Realize. (Find out more about Realize membership.)
Group discounts for multiple registrants (associations, workplaces, etc.) are available:
2-5 people (10% discount), 6-10 people (15% discount), 10+ people (20% discount).
To arrange a group registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about Understanding Episodic Disabilities contact us at email@example.com.